To Schedule An Appointment To Visit Our Campus Contact:
Secretary, Mrs. Deb Matusz | (708) 333-8173
We welcome you to visit our school. Call anytime to schedule a tour to visit and have staff members available for your tour and to answer any questions you may have.
Christ Our Savior Catholic School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national or ethnic origin in administration or hiring practices, educational policies, admission policies, loan programs, athletics, or other school administered policies.
Admission Non-Discriminatory Statement
Schools operating under the auspices of the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, a corporation sole, in the Archdiocese of Chicago, admit students of any race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in these schools. Archdiocesan schools do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national ethnic origins in administration of school-administered programs.
The law in Illinois mandates that students must reach the required age for the grade they are entering on or before September 1st. This cut-off date is observed with no exceptions.
Admission of New Students
Children entering school for the first time must present:
an official transfer document
the previous year’s and current report card
a copy of the most current standardized test scores
a signed consent form to acquire records from the previous school
- proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
The parents or legal guardians, along with the child or children, will be interviewed by the principal and/or assistant principal.
New students entering the school will be accepted on probation until all records have been received from the previous school. Transfer students are not ordinarily accepted for Grade 8. Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the Campus Principal. Students expelled from another school are not ordinarily accepted.
Priority of Acceptance
Priority of admission to Pre-School through Grade 8 is as follows:
- Baptized children of Active parishioners with children already enrolled.
- Baptized children of Active parishioners now reaching school age.
- Transfer students from the local public schools whose parents or guardians are Active parishioners.
- Children of Non-Active parishioners.
- Transfer students from other Catholic schools or from schools that are merging or consolidating or from schools not offering full programs or parishes with no schools.
- Transfer students who are new to the area whose parents or guardians join the parish.
- Transfer students who are new to the area whose parents or guardians wish to remain Non-Active, Non Parishioner or are Non-Catholic.